Tuesday, July 1, 2014

breakdown


 
"I feel it inside me
I feel You underneath my skin
These walls could not hide me
They could not keep you from coming in

So now here You find me
Right back to where I began
Come break me down with Your mercy
Come break me down again

I'm Yours tonight
I'm Yours if You can break me down
Break through these walls I hide behind
I'm Yours tonight
Come and break me down"
-Tenth Avenue North



We need to ask Jesus to bring us trials.

To break us down.

To ruin us with His indelible grace.

We tend to want to ask Jesus to take us over, around or above the trials that come. But Paul tells us something so completely against the grain: We must "exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulations brings about perseverance" (Romans 5:3).

We need the trouble. The long nights of pleading to God. The days of sin, confession, strife. Because those things over everything draw us to Jesus. And He's all we need.

It doesn't matter what you've done... God will seek you out.

He will break you down with His incredible, amazing, perfect love.

No comments:

Post a Comment